Smokey, a 9 year old, 22 lbs maybe Sheltie mix has lost his foster home

Smoke was rescued from the Miami Dade shelter based on the fact that he had a foster home lined up for him. Unfortunately, the foster home could not keep him so he was just transferred on Tuesday from the original foster to another foster w/ Underdog Rescue in Punta Gorda who also isn’t sure how long she can keep him. This poor dog still hasn’t seen a vet – but I am hoping this new foster can get him in soon. I am told they are very short on heartworm treatment meds over there so I’m not even sure how soon he can start treatment. He isn’t neutered either. He does have $250-300 donation money.

Do you know of anyone who might be able to adopt or foster long term (see him thru heartworm treatment and then help find a home?) I may be able to get Big Dog Ranch to put him into their rescue program and treat him - if we can find a long term foster. I had intended to take him myself BUT… the house I have been renting for 5 years is now in foreclosure. I will be moving in Jan and won’t be able to foster there… (I am heartbroken about this.) I will keep trying to help find a more permanent place for this poor old guy.

I’m told he is a very sweet dog… still likes to play and loves attention. (May not be good w/ cats though…)

Cindy Collins email: cindyampservices@comcast.net

Well… he did make it out… BUT… the foster called me this morning and says she can’t keep him… UGH!

The foster was the most important part in this whole plan… I couldn’t take him (my house is full of sick dogs no more space)… so when she stepped up – I managed to make it happen – including transport to Sarasota where she lives.

So I am back to looking for a foster for him… and my options are limited… he is a senior dog with kennel cough and will need heartworm treatment.

Do you know anyone that can foster long term and help find him a home?

Cindy Collins

email: cindyampservices@comcas

Comments

Popular Posts