Posting and crossposting homeless pets

I receive lots of emails from people who need to find homes for dogs and cats. Sometimes these critters have special needs. Some are in a shelter and need to get out of the shelter. Some have not been put in a shelter situation and their owners are trying to find a home for them before that happens.
I also subscribe to several pages on Facebook which feature homeless animals all over the country.
When I post a homeless pet on my blog, it reaches several hundred people a week and I hope people will share that link with other like-minded people. The same is true on Facebook.
When I get listings for urgent dogs and cats, I share with everyone by placing it on my page and asking all my friends to post and crosspost the listings on their pages.
One of the things I have noticed on Facebook is how many animals get posted and how many times that posting is shared. I can tell you it is not that many times.
So tonight when I had the chance, I timed how long it took me to share all the posts I received on Facebook today. It took about 10 minutes.
So I am asking you to please post and crosspost any items you receive via Facebook or email to all your contacts. Then ask them to share with all their contacts. It won't take you long and even though none of your friends may be searching for a new companion, some of their friends may be. Exposure is the key to finding these homeless pets a permanent home.
It is a valuable tool for us to use to try and stop the senseless killing of perfectly adoptable animals. Of course, spay/neuter is also a solution, but that soapbox will have to wait for a different day.

Comments

Popular Posts