Lots to be thankful for

Sitting here on Thanksgiving morning, trying to come up with things I am thankful for is not going to be easy. I have had a rough year but, there are so many others who have had an even worse year than I have.
So I am thankful.
I am thankful I am employed. There are so many out there who aren't.
I am thankful I have my health.
I am thankful for the many friends I have who would come to my side in a minute should I need them to. I have had to call on them several times in the past year and all have been there. They are the best.
I am thankful for my relationship with my critters. Buzz has certainly been a shoulder to cry on this year with the loss of my mom. He seems to understand better than any human when I am hurting.
I am thankful for places like Satchel's Last Resort. They give even the most misunderstood dog a second chance at life.
I am thankful for all of those people who work and volunteer for any animal rescue group in any way. They are the lifeblood of the rescue movement. Without them, so many furry critters would be permanently lost.
I am thankful for my sweetie and although it has been a very tough year for us, there is light at the end of the tunnel and he, although I am sure he would argue about this, has been my rock when I needed one.
I am thankful for my wonderful son and his fiancee. Although Jeremy can be very taxing on the emotions, he has turned into a fine man and his Emily has helped him in that area. I couldn't ask for a better woman to be my daughter-in-law.
I am thankful every time the sun rises or sets and I can watch. Too many times it is the simple things in life we forget about.
I am thankful I live in the state of Florida, for although we are fighting an uphill battle with many, it is still the best state in the country. We will continue to fight to maintain our state and Rick Scott and his cronies won't last.
I am thankful to be living in what is still the greatest country on earth. We have problems, but we will persevere, We always have. We are blessed with many who still believe in the United States and continue to fight to keep us going.
I am thankful for all the men and women in our Armed Forces, both active and retired.
I am thankful for all our first responders. Policemen, firefighters, EMT's; they all put their lives on the line for us on a daily basis. I sure wouldn't want their job.
I am thankful for our teachers because we are placing our children and grandchildren in their hands. Were it not for teachers, I would not know how to speak about things which bother me, write about people and places which inspire me or even care about those things. Kudos to all the teachers out there who are tasked with instilling a love of learning in students. It is truly a calling.
So, there is lots to be thankful for. Sometimes, depending on the year, we must search a little harder and dig inside ourselves a little deeper, but when we lose the ability to be thankful for the little things, we lose a part of ourselves.

Comments

Popular Posts