Sandler's training continues

My project, Sandler, is making such progress and what a good dog he is. I worked with him on Saturday and Sunday mornings this week and by the end of our workout today, he was curled up in my lap getting brushed and giving kisses to me.
He is still a work in progress, but I believe with the right person, he would turn out to be a fabulous dog. You see, so many people have given up on him in his short life that he needs someone to believe in him. That is what he needs in an owner. Someone to believe in him, work with him, put some training in him and simply love him.
He is a dog looking for guidance and direction and I don't believe anyone has given him that kind of direction before.
He is full of pent up energy which we run out every morning. He will run like the wind and then stop, sit and look at you for direction. Because he is so smart, he will be easily trained.
I have had him on the agility equipment and he has no fear of the catwalk. He is doing well on the weave poles but the jumps seem to have him baffled. He can jump fences and out of kennels, but agility jumps seem to be a puzzle for him. Even using treats he will run around the jump instead of going over.
He is a handsome little guy with a lot of love to give. I will continue to work with him each weekend and learn even more about him than I know now and we will continue to try and find him a home.
So if you are looking for a companion who is super smart, full of boundless energy but lots of kisses to go along with that, Sandler may be your dog. He would make a great running buddy or jogging partner and even plays soccer, or his form of soccer in the play yard.
So keep reading and I will keep reporting. If you are curious, please contact Satchel's at comments@satchelslastresort.com and ask about Sandler. We would love to introduce you.

Comments

Popular Posts