Beautiful Rottweiler still searching for his forever home


I believe when you fall in love with a certain breed of dog, you will always love that breed. You may have other dogs, but there will always be something special about the breed you pick.

I have owned Rottweilers for over 20 years. When my Junior died 3 years ago, I was not sure if I could ever own another one. Junior owned my heart and he was a perfect representative of his breed. I had also raised Junior from an 8 week old puppy, had socialized him and trained him. I have often told friends if I ever came in contact with another rotti puppy, I knew I would fall in love and take him home.

But I am content to work with the Rottweilers I come in contact with at the shelter until another special puppy comes along.

Benson is a Rottweiler I work with at Satchel's. I have worked with him for a couple of years now and he is still the same pushy, teenager he was when he first entered the shelter world. Benson is smart, like most of his breed and if you cannot keep his mind busy, he will simply take over.

He "talks" like a lot of rottis do but many people mistake this for a growl and then believe he is mean. I have not found this to be true, but because he is confident and pushy, if he finds out he can be that way, he will.

He doesn't do well with other animals and should be the only dog. He will walk well on a leash but you must be able to control him or he will grab the leash with his mouth and try to walk himself.

He needs an experienced dog owner to help him reach his full potential. If you, like me, love the Rottweiler breed and have some experience in dealing with these dogs, please contact Satchel's at mailto:comments@satchel and ask about this wonderful dog.

Comments

Popular Posts