Mutt Mutterings: the new guy

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lei Lei. I know, I have no idea where that name came from. Well, actually I do, but I can't figure out a way to let my new friend know the information.
I have just completed my second week at this new place and never thought anyone would want me to keep up with the gossip around here. I will give it my best shot but am still learning all the other guests' names and personalities.
I now I have a big kennel, which is more spacious than where I came from. I lived there for two years, so am hoping this transfer will bring me good luck. I am a pretty easy going guy. I got to visit some place named St. Armand's Circle yesterday and there were lots of people. The obnoxious dogs and the baby strollers didn't even faze me. Did I tell you I am a pretty laid back sort of dog?
They call me a Plott Hound which I am okay with. I will bark though, and weigh about 75 pounds. I have the ability to bay, but there are no bear to hunt around here. I keep the baying to a minimum. They tell me that is what my breed was raised to do, but come to think of it, I don't think I have ever even seen a bear.
My next door neighbor is Diesel. He says I now belong to the 2nd Row Club. I don't know what that means, but if he is okay with it, it must not be a bad thing. I also apparently have someone named Slimmer's old cage. I never met him, but he was a lucky one and found a new home. This could be my fame and fortune out of here.
Several of the dogs I traveled with, Sara, Frisco and Bobo have found homes already. Isn't that amazing? They must really like dogs here. Of course, I am still left, along with Checkers, the sisters Cupcake and Sweetie Pie, Krystal and the old man, Jake. Jake is a senior black lab. He is a big boy but on the skinny side. I am hefty, hefty, hefty. Not fat, just big. Ya gotta be big to take down a bear.
There are lots of really nice people here who give us lots of attention. More than I have ever had. We even get toys on a daily basis. I got something called a Kong, but was unsure of what to do with it. I also have this great thing called a Kuranda bed. Wow, is it comfortable. I get a blanket and lots of food and am quite contented for the time being. It isn't as good as a family, but it will do for now.
I am going to sign off for now. I will try and learn everyone else's name and what is going on with them in the next week or so. They are still a little standoffish with me, since I am new. There is also something called Christmas, but I have never had one of those. Do we get extra food or something? I really like food.
You still have a couple of days to drop by and see me. I am in the last occupied space in the 2nd Row Club. You can drop by the HSSC or call that nice Kerry lady at 955-4131. (She picked me out to come up here with my other friend, so she knows what a good boy I am). Until next time, if there is one.

Lei Lei

Comments

Popular Posts