Helping, not hurting the animals

I have found, for the most part, people who are involved in animal welfare are some of the most kind, giving people in the world. They feel a connection with each animal they come in contact with and do anything and everything they can to ease an animal's discomfort for being in a shelter situation.
This doesn't mean we are all robots, who all think and act the same way, but when the end of the day comes, we are all determined to do right for the animals.
For every person involved in animal welfare, there are several who don't understand our passion or committment. The tag line, "It's just a dog." or "It's just a cat." is forefront in conversation when in truth, it is a living, breathing creature who God created and charged us with taking care of.
If the time ever comes when I believe what I am publishing or what I am doing with my life is hurting more than helping the animals, I will stop. My mail is running one hundred to one in the direction of helping. Onward goes the fight to find homes for unwanted pets.

Comments

Popular Posts