A bad start to the day

As I was driving to work yesterday, there were several police cars on Tuttle Avenue and one of the side streets, right before you get to Ringling going north.
I slowed down, due to the flashing lights, and there on the side of the road was a beautiful, red chow, dead.
It upset me the rest of the day. Did he suffer? Did he escape a backyard? Was he a stray? It was only 7 a.m. but I know many people let their dogs outside first thing in the morning.
Did he have a family or was he homeless? Is someone missing him right now or do they care.
Most dogs today do not have street sense, because they have never been allowed to roam the streets. When I was a kid, that seemed to be the norm but as more and more people came into new places, laws were put into place to stop the animals in the streets.
I hope he did not suffer. I am sorry for his family who lost him.
Today, fix the hole in your fence and hug your dog. This could happen to any of us.

Comments

Popular Posts