Mutt Mutterings: another holiday week

Hello to all the animal lovers out there. Another week is starting and I am still muttering.
Last week was kind of strange. It seemed there were not as many people walking us, but someone said it was because it was a holiday week. We got extra toys one day, but I am not quite sure what they want me to do with them. Some of the guests here chew them up and then there is this white stuff floating around. Others are like me, I guess, and just smell them, pick them up and then lay them down in another corner. I haven't had toys before, so am still learning what to do with them.
I do like this place, though. There always seems to be enough for us to eat. I like having enough to eat. It is no fun to have to worry about where my next meal is coming from. Some of our newer guests are quite skinny and they need even more to eat than I do, and I am a big boy.
Lots of guests went home in the last week. All the little dogs, of course, because people seem to like them the best. I wonder why that is? I am partial to big myself but I only weigh 80 pounds. My friend says I am a thick dog. Thick legs and thick body. She says I am not fat.
A nice family looked at me yesterday, but I was pretty stressed being in that little room. I like wide open spaces. I am used to that, not little bitty rooms with only one window. I felt like I was suffocating. My true personality comes out when I am outside, running and playing and wagging my tail.
My next door neighbor, Diesel, is one of the longer guests here and he says no one wants him either. He is a big boy who likes women, but not men or kids. I don't mind any of those things. The really sad part about Diesel is he is something called a husky mix, which means he has a double coat of hair and he has lots of that.
Ray Ray, the blind dog lives on the other side of me now. He gets spooked sometimes, because he sees shadows but can't tell what they are. I am glad I can see who is coming, but it doesn't seem to bother him. He is a pretty happy dog most of the time and loves to get his back scratched.
Down the row a bit is a cute little thing named Misty. I think she is awesome, but she has a buddy named King who likes her too, and he wouldn't like me playing with her. She sure is pretty. I heard she was the smartest dog in here. I was always attracted to intelligence.
Well, that is all I have learned so far. I will keep asking questions at night after all the humans leave, but since I am a new guy, they aren't real friendly to me yet. I also try to mind my own business as much as possible. It creates less problems down the road. It is hard enough to live here without my own family so I don't want to have all the other dogs taking a dislike to me because they think I am nosy.
Until next week, I will close for now. My ears and eyes are open for any news coming through the kennel. Maybe this week will be my lucky week and I will find a family. Keep hoping for me.

Lei Lei
P.S. I am supposed to tell you to check us all out here or call 955-4131 and ask questions.

Comments

Popular Posts