Very special Labrador available

I love all dogs and fall in love with everyone I post. I always check to see if they have found homes and when they are still looking, I will post them again.
Beau is a dog like that. I have featured him a couple of times and because of his special handicap (which he doesn't know about), I want to feature him again and ask you to keep him in mind if you are looking. Here is Beau's story:

My name is Beau and I am a young energetic black male Lab that is 1.5-2 years old. I'm smart, friendly, playful and full of happiness. I love everyone and everything, I get along with cats, dogs, turtles, birds; you name it I love them.

My life did not start very well .... I was at the Miami shelter where I was rescued by a volunteer with Pug Rescue - she was down there to pick up a Pug who was scheduled to be euthanized and saw me......thank goodness!!! I was facing the same fate and she could not leave me.

Pug rescue tried hard to find me a home for several months but had no luck. People were coming to see pugs and they were not interested in a Lab! I don't know why? Pug Rescue contacted Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida since my foster had to go up north for the summer. I was in the home alone and a neighbor was coming to the house to feed me and let me out. I was really lonely.

But now I am with LRROF and my life has changed. I live with a foster family and they take very good care of me.....but I really want to find a family that will love me forever. There is something you need to know. I do have a slight handicap in my front paws, however, I don't even realize it because it doesn't slow me down (I think it kinda gives me character). My front feet turn outward very dramatically - not just a little. But this really doesn't slow me down at all - I can > run and play with the best of them.

The vet says I was born with turned out front legs and he also says it shouldn't hamper my life expectancy by any means. I just need to find a family that loves me for me and doesn't look only at my front legs. I am a very happy go lucky, very sweet boy...at least that is what my foster mom says!

I am housebroken and very well behaved. I love to go hunting in the backyard for lizards, trips in the car and to the doggie park to hang out with all my buddies. I am a VERY special dog who truly deserves a great forever home. Please come visit and let's see if we make a match for a special needs lab with a special family.

If you are interested in meeting BEAU or adopting or one of our other labs please contact Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida by visiting our website http://www.labradorrescue.net/ or call 1-866-464-LABS. LRRoF has all our labs microchipped, spayed or neutered, up-to-date on shots and each adoption comes with a 30 day pre-paid pet health insurance plan. All applicants will have a home inspection and vet reference (if applicable).

Comments

Popular Posts