My favorite holiday

As I take time to reflect on the past year, I have a lot to be thankful for. Although many things happened this year that upset the normal balance which I call my life, the blessings I have offset the disappointments.
Today, I have a turkey in the oven and a roof over my head. When I leave work, I will get to speak to my Mom, who at almost 80 years old was in the hospital this time last year. My dogs are doing well and I expect my son will be by to eat. (He hasn't missed a meal yet.)
I work and play with an amazing group of people who give of their time and money to help those less fortunate who cannot speak for themselves, the shelter guests.
As you are giving thanks today, please remember the animals. If your house needs that perfect pet, stop by your local shelter tomorrow or Saturday and see what is available. They would love to find a home for the rest of the holiday season.

Comments

Popular Posts