Yesterday was a good day

I spent some time with some needy rescue dogs yesterday. I was with some very dedicated people who believe, much like I do, the animals entrusted to our care must have a place when society has deemed them useless as companion animals.
What I saw were dogs in many stages of life, some more social than others, but all craving the attention of a human to love them.
They were very wary of me at first, but I began working with several who actually would make great companions once they have a little bit of work. Of course, there are several who will always live in the sanctuary and the alternative to this sanctuary would be certain euthanasia.
This haven for second chance animals is a small non-profit, for which supply donations and money from supporters are their only way to continue to operate.
When I was leaving yesterday, I ask about their greatest need. The answer was dog treats. So if you find yourself at the grocery store and want to make a difference for a second chance animal, pick up some extra dog treats for the animals at Satchel's. Of course, they will take cash donations also. Their web page is here and you can always contact them with any questions you may have about the sanctuary.
One of the highlights of my day was meeting Goober, who reminds me so much of a very special rescue animal who did not make it in a regular shelter. So to Goober I say hello and to Clutch I say goodbye. Your life will not be wasted. I will make sure you are remembered.













































Comments

Popular Posts