Letter from Dixie

Hi folks.
It is siesta time at Satchel's so I thought it would be a good time to catch you up on the latest happenings.
We got in a kitten and everyone was making a big to do about it. I guess a ranger found it in Myakka State Park and brought it here. It is a little boy, I hear, and the ranger kept it from getting eaten by a snake. What is so great about an orange kitten with a bob tail? I have no idea. I , for one, am not facinated by the feline species, but I guess to each his own.
We had some visitors today and from what I understand they are actually going to come back and spend time with us forgotten dogs. I, in me, myself and I, got to go for a fabulous walk today for a long period of time. I just love to walk. I am pretty good on the leash and walked right by those other dogs like they were not even there. That made me feel pretty special I can tell you. I can also tell you the other dogs were jealous. I am surprised they didn't turn green. Of course, if they had turned green I bet people would be more interested in adopting them.
They say, they being the humans who run this place, McDreamy is going to a new home on Tuesday. With 2 acres to run and play in and a new family. Doesn't that just beat all? I simply cannot understand humans sometimes. I mean, I am the perfect dog and they didn't even ask about me. I am housebroken and loveable, I smile and how many dogs can say that? I would love a new family but am trying to keep my chin up and hopes alive.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love this place. They are very good to us here, but nothing beats your own home.
You may want some clarification of the statement about us being "forgotten dogs." The reason I call us forgotten is we fall into the category of average. Most of us are not flashy. We aren't small. Almost all of us have issues, but wouldn't you if your family dumped you off when you were young and even when you waited and waited, they never came back? (well, I don't really have any issues except jumping, but for some reason humans don't exhibit happiness the same way dogs do.)
When I dream, I imagine laying at my new human's feet and catching the crumbs as they fall from the treat. (especially if it is cheese. I really like cheese) Maybe a walk in the evening or a nice backyard to hang out in when my humans are outside. I am a pretty mellow dog and would fit in just about anywhere.
Well, it is almost time for the humans to be back to let us out to play for a while before we go to bed. Handsome Harry, Libby, Patches, Bambi, Sunny, Winter and Indiana Jones all join me in inviting you to come out and meet us. Now, since I am the only perfect one here, you might need to ask lots of questions about the other dogs, because I sure don't want to let them go to a home and humans who don't understand them. I am their voice for the time being, and I can be protective of those I care about. I would gladly give up this spokesman position though, if I could find the right family to adopt. (so just ask for me first and give me a chance)
Until next time, if there is one. Maybe I will get lucky and find a home before then. You can email Satchel's at comments@satchelslastresort.com or check us adoptables out on the website at http://www.satchelslastresort.com/ and maybe, just maybe you will fall in love.

Love,
Dixie
Oh yeah, if you decide you can't take any of us, could you donate some spare beds? We like big soft comforters and we go through them pretty fast.

Comments

Popular Posts