The marvelous McDreamy

Ok, I admit it. I have a passion for trash tv. Especially when it involves tear-jerky storylines, good looking doctors and the soap operaesque characters like Grey's Anatomy. I have been hooked since the beginning and watch every time there is a new episode on.
So, how could I not fall seriously and madly in love with a dog named McDreamy. He is just as handsome as the doctor on the television show and his personality just shines. He can rub some other dogs the wrong way, but even Dr. Shepherd does that to his friends.
His name, his personality and how he conducts himself mean dream pet for most people I have met. He did get adopted but then one of the kids developed an allergy so he was returned.
He waits faithfully for his time outside, will sit patiently for a treat and wags his tail with a consistency I have only see in my own dogs.
McDreamy is available for adoption at Satchel's Last Resort. If you would like to make an appointment to meet him, please email comments@satchelslastresort.org. He deserves to have a home to call his own, just as Dr. Shepherd has his travel trailer parked on some land with a beautiful view, McDreamy would like to be able to park himself in a home with a view of the family and his own backyard. Every dog deserves a loving home. Will you make a dream come true for McDreamy? (ps: he is one of my beloved hound mixes and they are loyal to a fault. My granddaddy would have loved him.)

Comments

Macwench said…
My husband and I adopted McDreamy (now named Lucky) in 2009. I ran across this blog post looking for something else, and had to let you know. Lucky has his own backyard, a very large family of my kids and grandkids that adore him and is more spoiled than you could ever imagine. Lucky just loves the kids and has the patience of a saint with them! It was a challenge when we first got him - he was skittish, chewed up things if we left him alone and was scared to walk on the hardwood floors. I thought we would have to take him back to Satchel's, but we all worked extra hard to overcome those things. He was my husband's constant companion while he was sick and Lucky mourned him with the rest of us after he passed away. I can't imagine not having him as part of our family! These days he spends most of his time inside (he doesn't like how hot it is outside) curled up on the blanket he has had since we brought him home. He even tolerates the occasional stray cat that wanders in to the back yard now. All in all, I think he's happy how things turned out. I know I am!
Thank you so much for this. I just found out we lost one of my favorites who never found a home. He was at the rescue the same time. His name was Benson. He got very ill last night very suddenly and had to have help to cross the Rainbow Bridge. This lessened the hurt. Thank you again.

Popular Posts