A "perfect" home

Since there has been much discussion about animals and the homes they either live in or came from, I thought a discussion about what is a perfect home in order for the day.
In my home, my dogs are alone for at least 8 hours while I work. This is necessary so I can continue to provide for the rest of their needs, like shelter, food and vet care.
My dogs are allowed on the furniture, but not my bed. They must sit for everything they get from me, but are also brushed, hugged and loved on each day. Their tails wag from the time my feet his the floor in the morning until they crawl back in bed each night. They don't have to stay in a yard, on a chain, but sleep during the day in relative comfort on orthopedic beds in air conditioning.
I think my home is a pretty good one. Some people may disagree. I know dogs who live in a small house, no yard, never allowed on furniture and get the cheapest dog food known to man. They see the vet once a year if they are lucky.
Now the discussion begins when someone says they don't have a good home. Why? The dogs don't realize their home is small, or their backyard not fenced. They have no perception of going to the vet, or even sleeping in a house. Are they sad? Probably not.
You see, dogs simply want to be with the people they love. They don't care how much money you have or how big your house is. They could care less about beds or furniture or any of those other material things humans put a price on.
How we treat our pets is attaching how we feel about "stuff" to the animals, when in all actuality, the animals really don't care.
People who love animals will love animals regardless of their personal circumstances. The good thing about animals is they will love you regardless of your personal circumstances.
So a perfect home will always be in the eye of the beholder, but as far as the pet goes, as long as they are loved, the home they have is perfect for them.

Footnote: Today is Friday, a perfect time to begin your search for a pet for your family. Don't stop looking. Keep on until you find the animal which fits your family's needs. They are out there and will consider your home perfect for them.

Comments

Popular Posts