Bambi needs a home

Hi everyone. My name is Bambi. I am a cute, little girl with soft brown eyes and a small body. I had a rough start in life when my brother and I were abandoned on a lanai with no food or water. We were almost at the point of no return when a kind neighbor discovered us and called the police.
We came to Satchel's together, were nursed back to health and my brother got adopted. I haven't been so lucky. I have been with a couple of people and it just didn't work out. Not their fault and surely not mine. I am a rough-and-tumble sort of girl, who loves playing with other dogs but can be pretty bossy. I have a typical tomboy attitude when playing with the boys and I just don't like them being bossy, so I boss first.
I am young, just at a year old and I love to play. Balls are my favorite and the people here are working on that whole fetch thing. The chase part I have down, it is the release part I am having problems with, but I am smart, so I know I will learn it. I am smart that way.
I have something they call separation anxiety. I am not quite sure what that means but it has something to do with me being abandoned. If someone left you to starve, you might have this condition, too. They tell me with the right human, we can work through that.
My dream would be to adopt a human who would take me with them everywhere. I know that probably isn't going to happen, but a girl can dream. Dog parks would be good so I could have lots of playmates and a nice bed or maybe even with a human. I need someone who will keep up with my training so I don't forget everything I am learning here at Satchel's. Oh yeah, food; make sure you can feed me. Not having food and water is a big thing with me.
So, if you could give a tomgirl a home, make sure she has food and water, give me some consistent training and satisfy her you will always come home, you may be just the human for me. I would, of course, have to see if you passed my test. (bet you didn't know dogs had tests for humans) Then if you passed my test, you could try and pass Satchel's test. If all that went well, they would allow me to adopt you. But remember, only if you pass the tests.
So drop a line to Satchel's at comments@satchels.com and make an appointment. (and don't worry, the tests aren't real hard for humans I don't think) I will be waiting, probably a little impatiently, but I know you will show up and fall in love with me. After all, I have these gorgeous, soft brown eyes.

Bambi

Comments

Popular Posts