How fast time flies for criminals

Can you believe it has been 19 months since Michael Vick was convicted and slapped in prison for his atrocities? I can't. It really seems a small price to pay for all the animals who were brutalized under his watch.
He would like to get back into football, but is on house arrest until July. You can read the story here.
I hope the powers that be, the brokers of modern sports icons and the commissioner of professional football think long and hard about allowing Vick to climb back up the ladder of fame and fortune. I have yet to see any real remorse or emotion come from this man after the atrocities he took part in. I have seen the tears and read his words, but as with all criminals who get caught, he is sorry.
He was on top of the world in popularity and money but gave it all up to participate in a dispicable practise which caused the deaths of many dogs and the physical and emotional scarring of many others.
Many people I have talked to felt it was a just punishement he received. After all, they are only dogs.
I will say to them, if we continue to allow humans to denigrate animals, with no thought or remorse about the acts which cause pain and suffering, this country is in worse shape than I thought it was.

Comments

Popular Posts