Delightful Dixie needs a home

Okay, so I live with a bunch of other dogs and I am still trying to wrap my mind around why I am still in a shelter environment.
I am a nice lab mix who is housebroken and simply loves people. I do well by myself, but also love to take car rides and go for walks. I could be termed a low maintenance dog at this point in my life. I don't require much, but do require a human family who will love me as I will love them.
I would really like to adopt a family who would make me a permanent member. I would remain loyal and true to them, and would promise to always make sure they were taken care of.
I wouldn't get in the garbage, pee on the floor, chew up the couch or any the other multitude of things young dogs have been known to do.
I was very, very sick when I came to Satchel's, but have made such a great recovery and it hasn't affected me one bit. I still love people.
I watch as time and time again, other dogs leave here and never come back. Why don't they look at me? What is it about me that makes me invisible? Is it because I am so good I wouldn't be a project for anyone?
I could be a project. A really good project. I could make you exercise by walking me every day. I could make you learn to manage better by giving me commands. (who knows, if I listen well maybe the kids would pick it up) You could take me swimming because I just love the water. I could keep you laughing as you watched me try and bury my toys in the pool.
I am sure you could think of lots of things I could help you do. I could help you finish up all the leftovers after dinner; wow, would you like more ideas?
Anyway, I am still hanging out at Satchels's, still dreaming of a home. Could you make that dream come true? Please contact Satchel's at comments@satchelslastresort.com and ask to meet me. I promise I will be a good girl and I guarantee you will fall in love with me. What's not to love? I AM the perfect dog.
Love,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts