Critters of the day

I have had a good critter day today. My morning began with a visit with a friend and her dog, Lucy, plus the twins who are growing so big. Lucy was very happy to see me and rolled over for a belly rub.
After a great cup of coffee (thanks Lauren) I got home in time to listen to my phone messages, greet my dogs and then back out to the dog park to meet some friends. Buzz was disappointed he didn't get to go, but I got to see many shelter friends of mine including Casper, Jack, Maggie, Dolce and Jake & Lexi. All the dogs are doing fabulous, as are their human counterparts.
On my way home, just when I was beginning to think no one every stopped and smelled the roses, the car coming towards me was stopping. When I got close to them I saw a big Florida Box Turtle trying to cross the road and the other car was stopped to let it by. I don't know who they were, but my thanks go out to them.
Upon arriving home, I noticed 3 little creatures at the end of the road I have never seen this close to my house. It was a family of otters, who are apparently living in a drainage canal which flows into Phillippi Creek. They hid very quickly, but there are there still.
The crown of the day was walking in the back yard and seeing a beautiful Osprey washing a frog in my pool. Or maybe the frog was in my pool and the Osprey had just caught it. I have never had that happen before.
The beginning of the summer rains has brought out the critters and I am happy they are back.

Comments

Popular Posts