Special dog needs special home

grace (gras) n. the unmerited love and favor of God toward mankind.
My name is Gracie. I don't think they were thinking of the meaning of grace when they named me because I sure haven't been treated like my name.
I was raised in a family for 18 months, from when I was a puppy. They had kids and I was happy, but I am shy and have always been that way. I heard some of the humans talking and they said it was genetic and I would probably always be that way. My family decided to move to another state. It was one of those states where they don't accept dogs. I don't know they name of that place but they were going to take me to a shelter since they couldn't take me there.
The neighbor had a dog which I liked and some kids and he took me in so I didn't have to go to a shelter. His dog and I began exploring the neighborhood. I liked his dog because I would never have the courage to go off on my own, but my new dad didn't see it that way. He said I was a bad influence on his dog so he dumped me.
That is the story on how I ended up here. I like other dogs and have been around kids, but am painfully shy and until I get to know you, will hide from you if you come close. Once I am comfortable with you, then I will let you pet me. I live with another dog in a kennel now and we are fine together, although he can be a little bossy. His name is Hunk.
I am a lab/greyhound mix and people say I have beautiful coloring. I would probably not do good with smaller dogs or cats because I am a big girl and love to chase small critters. They might not be safe with me in the yard. I am pretty housebroken and would probably adjust really well to going out on a regular schedule should you decide to take me home.
I am not even 2 years old, still lots of love and kisses inside, I just don't know how to get them out.
Could you be the family who would take me home and teach me about love and kisses? It might take you a little while, but it would be worth it.
Contact Caroline at comments@satchelslastresort.com and arrange to come out for a visit. I bet after I met you a couple of times, we would fall in love with each other and you would love me and not discard me.
Gracie

Comments

Popular Posts