Ongoing conversation about Michael Vick

I was taking a break yesterday and several people sitting around me were having a conversation about Michael Vick. So, of course I joined in.
The discussion was football and which team was going to sign him. I heard he had been speaking to the Dolphins and as a longtime fan, I said if they signed him I would NEVER support them again. One of the other people is a Redskins fan and she said she would. If he joined the team and the team did well, everyone would forget about the dogs he killed. She said the money he would generate would erase all the bad things he did, even if he wasn't remorseful. She stated he had served the time given him and should be allowed to come place to his livelihood.
I disagreed and we discussed how he knew what he was doing, was not upset the dogs died and hoped the fans would not support him if he tried to comeback.
I love football. I grew up with the sport, everyone I know played the sport and I have been a fan since I was a little girl. I buy merchandise. I cheer on my favorite teams and players. If the NFL ever tries to bring Michael Vick back into the fold of professional football, that support will stop. I hope there are several hundreds of thousands of like-minded fans, but the truth is there probably isn't.
You can bet they won't get any support from my little corner of Sarasota. When you put it all in a pot and boil it down, as my Nanny used to say, the dogs are still dead and there will always be wolves in sheeps' clothing. Michael Vick is one of those.

Comments

Popular Posts