Forgiveness and mercy?

I am really tired tonight after spending my birthday last night with some wonderful friends of mine with dinner and cake and talking animals. I was going to hold off on publishing anything on the blog tonight and hit the bed early, when I can across the most appalling story of a firefighter who took his dogs to his basement, tied them up and shot them because he couldn't pay boarding fees for them while he went on a cruise. It angered me so much, I had to write about it and post it for all my readers.
I continue to be amazed at the audacity of humans believing they can kill and maim helpless creatures at will and not be punished, or have the punishment so lax, it doesn't faze them to serve a 90 day sentence and just continue on with their lives.
They are always "sorry" or " "have remorse" for these horrendous acts, but the animals are just as dead. Talk about a throwaway society. It does not present mankind in a very good light.

Comments

Popular Posts