Letter from Dixie

So another week has come and gone and I am still in a kennel, surrounded by other dogs with no home to call my own.
I am a happy dog for the most part, but am getting a wee bit depressed thinking I will never have my own family. Don't get me wrong, the humans who take care of me love me and pay as much attention to me as time allows, but I really crave my own yard, where there is no one else to worry with.
I could chase lizards or squirrels, play in the pool or simply lay under the tree and watch the world go by.
A home where I could lay on my bed while the humans were watching that box, or have someone brush me until my coat gleamed. You see, I have a condition called demodex mange. You wouldn't know it unless I told you, but I have to have this medication every day to keep my coat pretty, otherwise, I will become hairless and scabby, which is what I was like when I came here. But look at my picture now. You can't tell, can you?
I keep thinking if the humans would show up to look at me, they would fall in love with me. I am doing well in my no jumping thing and besides that, I told you. I am perfect so I can't imagine what the problem is.
It is nice I have been going on long walks and yesterday I played in the splash pool for a while, but then the humans got busy and had lots more dogs that needed to be taken care of so I had to return to my kennel.
Sorry to end on a sad note this week but that is the way I am feeling: pretty sad. If you know of anyone who would love to take me home, please have them contact Caroline at comments@satchelslastresort.com and ask about me. Remember, the name is Dixie.

Comments

Popular Posts