Letter from Dixie

Hello out there to all my devoted readers. Boy, we had quite the week around my neck of the woods. It was busy, busy, busy and my neck was getting a strain just watching the people come and go. I simply couldn't keep up. Whew! I am glad it is evening time and I can take a rest.
So the big news of the week is Jake spent some time at the vet. Now, I know that doesn't mean much to you guys. You don't live here. Jake is a barker. He barks at every little thing. It can be quite annoying when I am trying to get my beauty rest. Woof, woof, woof, woof and woof. I really hope he is a little calmer after having his teeth done and getting snipped. (my friend told me he was having all that done and that is why he was gone for a few day.)
One other bit of news: I was told yesterday I wasn't quite as perfect as I have been telling you. It seems when I walk by the feeding table, I have been swiping treats and thinking I was getting away with it. It is one of the reasons my figure has become quite plump. Okay, busted, but if that one little thing makes me not perfect, then answer this for me: how many of you can resist that one little piece of chocolate they give you after dinner? Huh? You see, that doesn't make me a thief really, just a hungry girl who likes to eat.
I also got out for 3 walks today. I was so excited. I just love to walk and smell. But I don't like the cats who hang around. I can smell them and I would simply chase them if the humans would allow it. They won't, so I must be contented with sniffing.
I noticed these two new ladies today. They were working with the boys, Benson and Junior. (they are kinda young and obnoxious) and they worked with Libby and Drew. Not me, since my kennel is in the back and they were only there an hour. I think everyone just about got out 3 times today. It was quite interesting because then we get 3 treats. (plus the extras the walkers throw in when we do silly things like sit and down.) I have no idea why humans are so obsessed with making us sit. We know how. Do you think we are dumb? Well, most of us know how anyway. I have my doubts about Winter and Jilly. I don't think they will ever get it. Sit equals treat. I'm game.
Even Spike and Goober, who live in a separate room got to go romp and play a few times. It was thundering a little but they seemed okay. Spike is blind and Goober is his seeing eye dog. Spike follows Goober everywhere. They are both scared of thunderstorms.
Well, I am still here and still hoping. When I took this job I had no idea I would be telling stories every week. I guess my home is out there somewhere. The humans are just going to have to look a little harder for me. (this is my hint to you to tell everyone about me)
Love,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts