Letter from Dixie

Well folks, another week has come and gone and I am still here, still the perfect dog, and still homeless.
I am not sure what is going on with folks this days. I heard it had to do with money, but I don't cost that much for upkeep. I would make the perfect girlfriend. Not possessive or pushy, and a cheap date. Don't you think that is the route to go?
We had lots and lots of company this weekend. I got to go on lots of walks with new people spending time with me. I am having a really good time, but still dream about a home of my own. My special friend didn't even get to walk me today I was so busy with other volunteers. She brought chicken and we were all behaving perfectly to try and get a piece. She was fair and no one got left out. But....if I had gotten to go on a walk with her I bet I would have gotten even more.
We did get another new guest but I haven't seen him. They called him maybe a papillion/long haired chihuahua mix but I don't think they really know. That is just a guess. I heard his mom died and there was no one to take him because he is snappy. Aren't all little dogs snappy? All the ones I have every known have been. He is going to stay with us and the trainers are going to work with him. He won't have a problem though, because he is small. I don't snap but I am a big girl, so no one wants me.
Winter, who is in the kennel across from me got taken out by a new person today. He is such a scaredy cat around new people but they say it is good for him. Handsome Harry took a treat from Mark, who also took me for a walk. Harry is sometimes shy around men, but he went right up to the dude like he knew him or something. (I think Harry is pulling an act and would follow treats anywhere, regardless of who had them. This guy Mark actually was in the kennel with Elmo, and no one does that, so he is pretty brave.) You know Elmo really isn't that big and bad, he is scared of Winter who is scared of everything. He does put on a convincing act, though. He is a Weimaraner and a big boy. He will always live here in the sanctuary part because he can be so obnoxious.
Well, that is a little piece of my world for the week. I hope you enjoyed it and will come back for updates. This gig is a pretty good one. I tell you the gossip, and then get extra treats.
Until next time I will remain faithfully your gossip girl,
Dixie
P.S. By the way, if I have peaked your interest in any of the dogs in my column, please don't hesitate to email Caroline. I promise I won't be jealous if you like someone more than me. I won't know why, since I am perfect, but I won't be real upset about it.

Comments

Popular Posts