Making decisions on posting and crossposting homeless pets

I post dogs on a daily basis. Most of the animals which come across my email and other accounts have reached the end of the line for shelter dogs. Some emails I receive have six or seven dogs listed along with photos and descriptions. These dogs are more than likely to be on that particular shelter's short list for euthanasia.
The breeds run the gamut from the smallest chihuahua to the largest mastiff and every breed and mixed breed in between. I always have a surplus of pitbull mixes and labrador mixes or a combination of pitbull/labrador mixes. The reason I receive so many of these dogs is the popularity of both breeds and the irresponsibility of their owners to have their pets altered.
I could work on the computer posting animals for eight to ten hours a day, seven days a week and still not get all the photos up for others to see. There are simply too many unwanted animals in the state.
It then becomes up to me to decide which dogs are posted and which ones are not. Do I post the cute poodle mix who is only one year old or the ten year old rottweiler who stands the lesser chance of the two?
So I type and download, download and type in the hopes someone, somewhere will see a photo and not be able to resist. I then repost on Facebook and ask all my friends to post and crosspost to all their friends. Exposure is the best possible way to reach more people and give these animals a better chance.
If you receive emails or Facebook items and someone has asked you to share these with all your contacts, please do it. It doesn't take but a minute and it may be a life-changing decision for a homeless pet.

Comments

Popular Posts