Facing the reality of aging

As a dog owner who has always had multiples, the realization I cannot handle more than one dog as I get older hurts just a bit.
Rottweilers are my dog of choice and if I could find a cute little rotti puppy who needed a home I would like nothing more than to raise up another one to become a representative of the breed I love so well.
The truth is, I do not believe I am up to having a puppy. It is all I can do to make sure Buzz is walked, fed, vetted and loved. My energy level, although still high, is not what it was when I was 30. My life has changed dramatically since then and in order to still be a good pet parent, I realize my household will probably remain at 1 animal from now on.
I wish I could do more. I wish I had more energy, time, money etc. All those things you need to care for pets.
I have been tempted several times in the past few months to increase my household. Common sense has trumped so far. Just don't bring a little rotti puppy around or my sense might fly out the window.

Comments

Popular Posts