Buzz and Betty are still adjusting

Buzz and Betty are not fast friends, yet. Buzz is continuing to adjust to Betty being in the house and garnering attention which he feels should be his.
Betty is adjusting like a champ. She is one of the happiest dogs I have ever owned. Her tail is a weapon. She will beat you with it all the while smothering you with kisses and attempting to climb in your lap and snuggle.
Buzz has never been one of those kinds of dogs. I don't believe he came from an environment where there was a lot of attention paid to the animals. It took him almost a year to become a little affectionate and that has not changed.
I don't believe Betty came from a better environment. Sudden movements cause her to cower and slink away. This probably means she was hit with something alot. But she comes right back, with tail wagging, begging you to love her.
I have begun walking them together and have had no problems. They both love to walk but given their age, cannot do miles and miles. Buzz's heart is weak due to having heartworms and Betty's back leg begins to bother her if the trek is too far.
I have witnessed Betty flea biting Buzz and Buzz attempting to play a bit with Betty. It doesn't last very long, but it is there.
Betty loves to chase squirrels and lay in the grass in the backyard. She rolls on her back, much like Snoopy, with all four legs in the air and a grin on her face. Buzz, stands in doorway outside and watches her like he thinks she is nuts, turns around and goes back to his orthopedic bed to lay down.
Everything is progressing normally. My two rescues keep me grounded. They are the comfort I have when things are not going my way, keep me company when I am alone and provide me with so much joy each day I cannot imagine not having them in my life. They were both scheduled to be killed. Please opt to adopt a homeless pet. They all need us to speak for them.

Comments

Popular Posts