The benefits of a good massage

I know I love a good massage. I like nothing better than to leave somewhere and feel like every muscle in my body is relaxed.
Several years ago, I got tendinitis in my elbow, missed 6 weeks of work but got to have a massage twice a week until it was fixed.
So I thought maybe Betty, with her crippled leg, might benefit from a doggie massage. The healing properties from a massage may keep me from having to place her on medication soon, and the longer I can avoid that, the better.
So, I emailed a friend of mine who is a certified, canine massage therapist to book a time. It took Betty a while to relax, but once she did, she did not want the massage to end. We are going to continue on with the therapy every couple of weeks to see if it helps with the crippled leg. Sue, the therapist, pointed out the strength in her shoulders and right rear leg, which compensates for the crippled one. She says it is important to keep those healthy, which makes sense if you think about it.
It was totally professional, down to the aromatherapy and mood music and I almost fell asleep in my chair watching.
So if you would like to see what massage therapy could do for your pet, especially if they have an injury or are extremely active, running flyball or agility, check Sue's website out and give her a call. Your dog will thank you for it.

Canine Massage Solutions
Sue Redfield, CCMT
941-525-4060
www.caninemassagesolutions.com

There will also be a link on the side of the page if you forget to write this info down.

Comments

Popular Posts