Dog abandoned near Disney's Animal Kingdom

Let me preface this story by saying I don't like Disney. I believe, despite all of their PR, they have done more to ruin my beloved state than any other corporation in the state today. If you doubt that, read the book by Carl Hiassen, "Team Rodent: How Disney Devours the World" which was originally subtitled. "The Mouse that Ate Florida." I thought I might change my mind after seeing this story. I didn't.
A dog was found in the resort. It was taken to the rescue on their grounds and then turned into Orange County Animal Services who are, hopefully, going to hold the dog for a rescue group. For anyone who reads my blog frequently or accesses my Facebook page, you know Orange County Animal Services has a bad problem with strays being turned into them. Being a county facility, they also have high euthanasia rates.
I hope they really do hold onto this dog for the rescue so she can be saved. At least by naming her Minnie, she stands a chance. Remember, no bad PR for the mouse.
Check out the story here.

Comments

Popular Posts