Flagler pet shelter ordinance moves ahead

I was reading an article in the Daytona Beach News Journal about the squabbles they are going through in Flagler County and the ordinaces for pet shelters. It seems most of these are new and of course, no one can seem to agree of anything.
The reason I am writing about this, which is nothing new in the animal rescue world is because of a line in the article which says, "Regardless of whether it's even possible that the planning board would ever approve a plan for an animal sanctuary that proposed to house 40 pit bulls on an acre of land, Flagler County officials want to ensure that incessant barking won't be a problem for neighbors."
Wait a minute. A sanctuary for pit bulls? I am not sure if this will ever happen, but just the thought someone may try to open a sanctuary made my day. I believe they will have difficulty selling anyone on the idea of housing 40 dogs on one acre of land. I have a half acre lot and at times my two dogs tend to be too much for it.
You can expect there will be a lot of hurdles to jump before this happens, if it ever does. I must still give the person who wants to do this kudos. They might want to try a more rural area with a little more land, though. To at least give the idea a fighting chance.
Check out the story here.

Comments

Popular Posts