Two pure bred Labs available for adoption through LRRoF) in Sarasota, FL


I am fostering two pure bred black labs for LRRoF. One male, one female. We believe they may be siblings.
These 2 beauties were strays who came into Sarasota County Animal Services. Sarasota A/S called Karen Bell of LRRoF, and she pulled the dogs, and I am fostering. The vet at Bay Road Animal Hospital estimates them to be about 2. They were spay/neutered last week, and UTD on all vaccines & Heart worm treatment.

Henry ( was Jack) is an amazing retriever living up to his retriever instincts. He is obsessed with his ball, and will retrieve for HOURS. He comes back, drops ball at my feet and does this over & over. He sleeps with his ball,a nd will remember where he left it at 3 am. He is a very gentle boy, even at 80+ pounds. He has a big block head and gold eyes. I crate train all my dogs, and he is great in crate, goes right in. I also require them to sit for their bowl of food, and he understands that. He is very strong,and needs to be on gentle leader to walk. I don't believe he was walked much, that is probably the area he needs help with. He is excellent with other dogs. I have 4 big dogs, and 5 cats, and he is a joiner and blender. He has no will to be a leader in my large pack that is now 6 dogs & 5 cats. He met my neighbors 8 y/o boy and their old lab, and he was great. SO he is very good with kids, but is still a 80 lb dog. He rarely barks. He is an amazing boy.

Maggie (was Jill) is a retriever of sticks. She doesn't care for the ball, but she does enjoy chasing sticks and following her brother Henry around when he chases his ball, just for kicks. They are naturally very close, but also do well separated. She is much smaller, 50 lbs. She has gold eyes, but smaller head. She is very sweet and is in love with my 80 lb pit mix. She love the interaction with other dogs. She is crate trained as well, and I keep the crates side by side. She does bark the first couple of minutes when I leave the house, but I sit in my car & listen , and she stops. She also sits perfect for her food bowl. Naturally, I feed all dogs separate. She gets along great with my 4 other dogs (all big) and 5 cats. SHe is NOT aggressive towards my cats, who hang out with all the dogs and think they are dogs, but she is very curious, and likes to play chase. She really likes one cat, and looks for it everywhere, while the other cats lay all round and she could care less. She needs help walking. I am not sure if she was walked, but needs a gentle leader. That is her biggest issue. But they are both very smart and very sweet with other animals, so nothing a gentle leader cant' change. Please call me if interested. 941-879-4669. Mondays & Wednesday are best for me, but will be available THIS saturday night at 4-5 pm if anyone wants to meet.

Thanks, Carolyn calveggy@juno.com

Comments

Popular Posts