The "perfect" dog

I have found the perfect dog. See the photo to the right. That is Carmella II. She sleeps on my bed. She doesn't cost anything. She doesn't shed, pee, poop, or have fleas. I don't have to take her to the vet. She also doesn't eat anything.
She was given to me by a dear friend when I lost the real Carmella at 2 years of age. Does this mean I think she is the only perfect dog? Yep, I do. But you can probably pick up one in the breed of your choice at many local retailers. I firmly believe the only way to have a perfect dog, is to buy a stuffed animal. That way, you can't be disappointed.
Now, just because I have one perfect dog doesn't mean I don't have 2 others who are maybe not so perfect. I do. They do all the things Carmella II doesn't do and many things she can't.
They can come and bury their heads in my lap when I am having a bad day. They greet me at the door every time I come through it with tails wagging, saying, "Hi Mom, welcome home." This happens even when I have only walked outside to get the mail. They get excited when I take them for a walk and every new corner we turn is a new experience for them.
Are they perfect? Far from it. Would I trade either one in? Absolutely not. I am in it 'till death do us part.
So if you are getting ready to adopt a new dog, please understand they are not perfect. They pee and poop, eat lots of food and must visit the doctor. They may not like your boyfriend or wife. They could hate grandma's poodle. So if you are not willing to commit to a lifetime of pee and poop, vet visits and training, then maybe a dog like Carmella II is the answer for you.

Comments

Popular Posts