Letter from Dixie

Hi to all my fans.
I have some disappointing news for you. I am still here. I am still a guest at Satchel's Last Resort. No one called about me this week. No one came in to adopt me. No one even ask was I still available.
I had some fun playtime with the volunteers. I got to go for a car ride with Phillip, who is one of my favorite people. I got a Kong and treats. I didn't get a home.
Of course, no one else got a home either, but there are some good possibilities. Benson may go home tomorrow. Gracie may go home next Saturday. I could go home any time. I doubt it but a girl has to have hope.
On the other fronts, we have been having lots of storms. They don't bother me but some of the dogs here get really upset by them. We had some new visitors out today. Two big guys. I don't know who they were because right as they were coming up to be introduced to me, I got to go out in the play yards with two other volunteers. Maybe they will come back. I sure hope so. I wonder were they looking for a pet?
I really don't have much to report. Since I don't really have any behavior issues, people don't spend as much time with me as they do with some of our other guests. I am mature enough to know my commands. I don't have to be coaxed to play. I love the water and to be able to splash in the pool. I can play by myself and keep myself amused. So humans tend to concentrate more on the dogs who are not as perfect as me.
Case in point: I ALWAYS get a nice long walk with one of the volunteers on Saturday and Sunday morning. I have for the last couple of months. Not yesterday or today. She was busy with other dogs. I was bummed. I hate when that happens.
Well, I have whined enough for one night. I hope I will be in a better frame of mind next week. Maybe I will be lucky and someone will ask about me. Until then, keep thinking good thoughts. I really don't want to live my life out here in this kennel.
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts