Letter from Dixie

Hi folks. I have some bad news. I am still here and I am angry. I am angry because I didn't get adopted this week. Instead, another dog went home before me. I don't understand. Just because she was a little more flashy in coloring than I am, they chose her. They didn't even ask to see me. Can you believe that? I never thought the dog who got adopted would make it out of here before me.
My heart is simply broken. I try and try to behave. I work hard at listening to the humans. I don't mess up too badly. The test I designed for my new family is not that hard. Explain it to me. I simply keep watching as dog after dog leaves here and I am still here.
Just because I want to be the only pet. Just because I have to take meds. Just because I am a little normal looking. For this I don't get a home? Go figure.
Okay, pity party is over. I got to see a fawn on Saturday morning. I have never seen one before. I wanted to chase it but my friend wouldn't let me. She said it was a baby and it was not proper for dogs to chase deer. C'mon, what's a friendly little game of chase? Of course, the deer was the same size as me but skinny, so I would have caught it. Then it probably would have gotten hurt and I didn't want that to happen so I guess it is okay that I didn't get to chase it.
I also had another nice lady come and visit me. She comes about once a week and her name is Tina. She really likes me but has 4 other dogs at home and I wouldn't fit in there. I still have that jumping problem though, and I accidently scratched her. She didn't get mad, she has offered to pay for my obedience classes when someone adopts me. Isn't that great? So I can learn not to jump any longer. So whoever decides they would like to adopt me gets some free classes.
I am so excited. Now all I have to do is find a family to take me home.
Well, I am going to close for now. Not too much going on although we did get popcicles today. I really liked those. Nothing like a chicken broth popcicle on a hot summer day.
Till next week I will remain,
Homeless,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts