Letter from Dixie

Hi y'all. It's Dixie back again. No luck on the adoption front this week for me, although two of our guys, Sonny and Junior got to go home. I hear Hunk is on the list to go in September and now Mitch and Brody are up for adoption. How am I gonna compete with a black lab and a puppy? I am a more mature woman of 6 and apparently not what most people are looking for.
It has been a busy week here. A big box of presents came in from Nylabone and we are having a blast with these. They give us something to chew on that is kinda indestructible. Of course, some of the guys are old and don't chew very well, but some others, myself included, love to chew on Nylabones.
My friend passed out Kongs today but I didn't get one. It seems we only have 7 and we have a lot more dogs than that, so since I got one last, I didn't get one today. The thing is, I LOVE peanut butter and my friend makes them up special and then freezes them for us. I am hoping someone will get me one soon. It doesn't seem quite fair the most perfect dog here didn't get a Kong. Maybe next week, if I don't find a home by then.
In the kennel across the way where Winter lives, someone put a piece of carpet in his crate and he pulled every piece out and it made a big mess. Those little pieces are carpet were all over the place. I hope I didn't get too much in my kennel because I pride myself on how clean I keep it. (Not like the boys, who tend to make big messes)
It has been hotter than blue blazes at our place. By the time we finish our morning ritual, most of us simply want to lay on the cool concrete and take a siesta. I long for the day when I have my own home and can stay in where it is cool. I know, I know, dogs used to stay outside in a dog house during the summer months and nothing ever happened to them, but it is different nowadays. That is what they tell me. Air conditioning sounds wonderful to me.
Well, I am going to sign off for now. It is almost time for the night crew to come in and take me for a walk and feed me dinner. I do love dinnertime.
Keep in touch and remember my name. Dixie, like the south and I really want a home.

Licks and kisses,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts