Insurance dilemma

I don't like insurance companies. I have written those words before, and I still feel the same way. Today is the 4th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans is still trying to recover. Hurricane Charley wreaked devastation on the Port Charlotte area and there were still blue tarps on roofs waiting on insurance payments to be fixed for years after.
Homeowner's insurance is the biggest racket going. If you own property which is financed, you must carry homeowner's insurance. If you own rental property, you must carry insurance.
The insurance companies charge you an exorbitant amount of money to tell you what they won't cover. Then, if you file a claim, they will cancel you anyway and cry about how poor they are and simply can't seem to make any money.
I have homeowner's insurance. I have to carry it. When the time comes I can cancel it, I will. By choice. I am sick of huge companies taking my money (for my own good) telling me what I can and cannot have in my home (pets) and then after paying out money all the years you do, cancelling you if you file a claim.
Sometime, hopefully in my lifetime, an insurance company will wise up and provide good coverage for the things you need at an affordable price and will lay off all the addendums which are added with things you can't have or they won't cover.

Comments

Popular Posts