Don't be afraid to ask

People who are passionate about things, aren't scared to ask when they need something. Many times I have run into people who needed beds, or food, toys or money for their group. They simply can't understand why people aren't lining up to give them supplies for their organization. I heard a very savvy politician speak once. He said the reason he lost his first election but didn't plan on losing the second was due to a conversation he had with a voter. The voter said he loved everything the politician was saying, but the politician never asked for his vote. So the other guy asked for his vote and that is who he voted for. The first politician said he would never make that mistake again.
I don't make that mistake. If I need something for my organization, I ask. The worst thing that can happen is someone will say no. But if you don't ask, you won't know.
The reason I am blogging about this particular subject is I asked for some things a couple of months ago. I have asked for several things and am still waiting to hear back from the corporations I contacted, except the one who sent a big box of stuff on Friday. It was like Christmas at the shelter.
So kudos to Nylabone. I asked. They answered with such a generous contribution, our dogs will be happy for months to come. I will continue to support them because of their support to animal shelters and rescue groups.
While we are on the subject, anyone got any extra Kongs lying around. The dogs are needy and the Kongs are few. I haven't heard back from them, yet.

Comments

Popular Posts