Letter from Dixie

Hi everyone. Dixie here. Another week has flown by and I have not been adopted yet. I have been meeting some very nice people, though. A couple of them are thinking about me. I am not sure what decision they will reach but they passed my test. So now it is hurry up and wait. I am going to try and not get my hopes up to high, since I don't want to be too disappointed but I will keep you posted. I young woman is supposed to come back tomorrow night with her father. She is moving to Tampa and wants a dog with her. But she will be coming home to Sarasota on weekends, I think, Anyway, I met her brother and tomorrow night is Dad. Or so I have been told. They came to look at Winter originally, but I think he is still a little too shy for her. They also looked at Libby. So it is anyone's guess who they will choose. Then another nice couple came to meet me today. They passed my test, too. The jumping thing kinda got in the way. I just get so excited when people are around I simply can't help it. Then they looked at Hunk. They don't have any other pets, so either one of us would do well, but I got the feeling they were leaning in Hunk's directions.
We had another nice lady coming out and volunteering. I didn't get to go out with her because there were so many others who hadn't had their chance yet. I saw her through the kennel though, and she seems nice.
We also got two new guys in, one is named Mitch and the other is named Anson. Anson plays with Brody and Mitch plays with Patches. That new lady and my friend had them out in the yard making sure they got along. I used to like other dogs, but now I am a loner. I just want humans.
It was another busy weekend and the dog across from me, Winter, got his crate moved so he now faces Elmo, instead of the front door. He never leave his crate to come out and see what is going on because it always faced the front of the building. Now he has to leave it to check everything out. And he can stare at Elmo and Elmo can stare at him. They used to be play buddies but I guess now Elmo is scared of Winter. Who knows why? I sure don't. Those boys are so weird sometimes.
I also got to jump in the new pool in the small yard. Did I tell you I love water? Yeah, I am sure I did. Anyway, then I got out and shook all over and felt so good. Nothing like a dip in the pool on a hot summer morning.
I heard two of the kittens went home. I don't like cats, but I will give them a couple of lines in my letter, just to let you know they are around. There are still 3 kittens left. I hope they get adopted soon.
Well, I am going to close for now. Keep your fingers crossed on someone falling in love with me. I will have my friend send a letter to you if I get a permanent home.
Until then, love and kisses,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts