60 Minutes interview with Michael Vick

After watching the interview with Michael Vick on 60 Minutes a few minutes ago, I must say I haven't changed my mind one bit about how I feel.
He can hide behind Tony Dungy and God, he can talk about how much he truly cares for animals, he can hope Wayne Pacelle (who admitted his skepticism) helps smooth his passage, but he still showed me in the interview his concern about his situation was more about his football career and being in prison with nothing, not the dogs he killed or fought, or even the ones still being rehabbed after two years.
The only reason I am glad Michael Vick is staying in the news is because I want every one to remember what he did, what he approved of and what happens in every corner of this country on a daily basis. Dogs are fought and die brutal deaths because of machismo attitudes about bloodsport, gambling and competition.
I will continue to boycott the NFL and all the products they endorse. By endorsing felons like Michael Vick, you endorse the crimes they still show no remorse for.

Comments

Popular Posts