Another dumped senior dog

Okay, so you are moving and can't take your dog. I understand that. Well, not really, but for argument's sake, I will say I do. You lost your job and can't afford to take care of your pet any longer. I understand that. Well, once again, not really but for argument's sake, I will say I do.
But, to pack up a moving van, take your dog, a female, approx. 9 years old with you, stop in a church parking lot and pretend she is going for a walk. Take her off the leash and get back in the moving van and leave her, baying without you. This I don't understand.
Could you have taken her to a rescue? Did you have to abandon her in the church parking lot to be picked up by animal services as a stray?
Luckily for her, a man who was at animal services saw her in a kennel before her 5 days were up and asked about her. He was told she was scheduled to be killed the next morning when her time would be up. She was a senior, estimated 9 years, and was not highly adoptable.
So because of your irresponsibility, your beloved pet was given 5 days before her life would be over. She cried after you and wondered around looking for you before animal services picked her up. Her life was shattered and you drove away.
She is safe now. Her name is Flopsie and she is a sweetheart. She had to have some teeth pulled, but is in great shape besides that. I don't have a picture yet, but she is a bassett hound. She is housebroken and sleeps under the covers. She bays, which is bassett hound behavior and just wants a family again.
If you are interested, please contact me and I will put you in touch with the appropriate rescue. (are you reading this June? She has your name on her)

Comments

Popular Posts