How to avoid a dog or cat bite

Much has been said about dog bites. Much that has been said is a bunch of malarky. Most people who are bitten by dogs never even go to the hospital, the bite is so minor. '
Our family dog, who I have written about before used to gnaw on my brother's arms all the time until they bled. He was a rough-and-tumble dog and my brother was a typical boy. Blackie never gnawed on my sister or me. I don't know why. I don't know if he was smart enough to realize it was okay to play rough with Mike and not with me or Carol.
When I began working with dogs, the thought never entered my head I would get bitten. It just didn't occur to me. Had I thought about it, I would have known the more dogs I worked with, the greater the chances of being bitten.
Sometimes people want guarantees with dogs. They want a guarantee the dog will never bite. The truth about this is there are no guarantees. No matter what, the dog, or a cat for that matter, is an animal. Animals bite, period.
So, if you want a guarantee the dog or cat you are going to take home will never bite or snap at you, please visit your local Walmart store where you can purchase the dog or cat of your choice in a wide variety of sizes and colors, all guaranteed not to bite.

Comments

Popular Posts