Letter from Dixie

Okay, so it wasn't my lucky week last week. I tried really hard to adopt a human. I actually had a couple of tries but they just didn't pass my test. Remember that test I told you about? I guess it is a little harder than I thought.
McDreamy went home. That was some good news. We also have a new guest. His name is Junior and he is a rottweiler. He is young and they say he needs some work. I don't know what that means since I am perfect. I just have to find the perfect human to adopt. I am finding that there are not so many perfect humans compared to the dogs.
Oh, and Sunday. Did I tell you what happened Sunday? There was such an uproar around here. It started as a perfectly normal, laid back Sunday and the next thing you know, dogs are moving here and there and everywhere. Except for me of course, because I have a great kennel, but now, instead of having Baxter living next to me, I have Wooly Bully. Wooly B is what I call him. He is a Cocker Spaniel and Baxter is now on the other side of him. He and Baxter, who is a Sharpei with a crippled leg are buddies in the play yard. Baxter and I sometimes got a little vocal living next door to each other, but I don't think Wooly B cares.
They moved this other dog who doesn't like me and the feeling is mutual to the way back kennel. His name is Jake and he is not scared of anything and Sasha, or Glunky as she is known around here took his spot closer in to the food table. They said it had to do with the noise of the thunderstorms, so we will have to see how she is when we have rain.
It was kinda like moving day. Only none of us got a home.I had two chances last week and I hear Libby, who lives in one of the front kennels may find a home this week. We just have to find the right humans.
That big, tall man came out to help. I have such a hard time remembering his name. He has really good treats, though, so I always sit nicely in my kennel when he walks by. Not like some of the residents here, who bark and bark at him. I think they are scared, but he has always been really nice to me.
Well, that is my report from the kennels this week. Keep your eyes open for me a human. I am still looking. It could happen at any time. Until them, I will remain,

Homeless but hopeful,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts