Letter from Dixie

Hi y'all! Dixie here. Yep, I am still here. I was so hoping I could find the perfect humans to adopt this week, but, no such luck. I could be mistaken, but I don't think one person even tried to take my ownership test.
So not only did I not find a home this week, but hasn't the weather just been unbearable? Of course, you humans have air conditioning, which makes this weather a little more tolerable, but I don't even have a tree in my kennel I can lay under. Talk about bad luck. Just picture a big, old live oak tree, with the moss swaying and all that cool dirt up against your belly. Doesn't that sound like heaven? Well, maybe not for a human, but I am here to tell you dogs have dreams about spots like that. Of course, it needs a house in the background with air conditioning for my new humans I want to adopt. Then they can be comfortable. I don't think my persuasive powers could convince a human to wallow in the dirt under the tree with me. A little pond might be nice too, but I could make do with a kiddie pool. Did I tell you I love to play in water? Yep, it's true. I do.
Lots and lots of kennel stuff going on. We seem to be bursting at the seams again. They moved Sonny's kennel and scrunched the laundry area, but he likes it a lot better. He told me so on my way out the gate the other morning. His new family also came to see him. He doesn't get to go home for a while, but man, when he does he will be so lucky. I want a new family. I want a human to love me. Is that ever going to happen?
My friend came out and took me for another really long walk. I like long walks. I wish she needed another dog. I would adopt her, but she told me I would have to get along with her other dogs and I want to be the only critter in the house. She is trying to teach me not to jump up. I like to jump, but I guess humans don't like dogs to jump on them. That is my only quirk. No one ever told me I wasn't supposed to. I just get so excited when people come around I have a hard time containing myself. I am going to work on that really hard this week and maybe, just maybe a human will want to take my test again. Last week it was two families, this week, none. I just can't win.
Can you make me a winner? I will be watching. Please contact my friend, Caroline at comments@stachelslastresort.com and ask about me. Let me be the one to hit the jackpot this week.

Love,

Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts