Letter from Dixie

Today was a good day, despite the fact that I still don't have a home and my own humans. I really, really want to adopt a family. Can someone please take me to meet some families so I can choose one?
My friend was out today to take some time with us. She told me there used to be a song on the radio called "Rainy Days and Mondays". I don't know what a Monday is, but am very familiar with rainy days. I got a nice long walk and some treats and was, as always, an exceptional girl. The only downside to the morning was not getting enough time to play with my friend. We were dodging thunderstorms all morning, and I had to give up some time so she could help get all the other dogs outside to potty. It seemed to take her forever to get to me, and then the time just flew by too quickly and I was put back in my kennel, but I kinda understand.
The rains and thunder don't bother me, but they really bother some of the dogs. They get so hyper and tear up their beds and are just inconsolable. They don't bother me though. Or Missy. Missy lives in the kennel next to mine. She doesn't like other dogs and sometimes I don't either but we tolerate each other.
She was a pretty sick dog from what I understand. When they found her, they thought she was going to have puppies but it was actually her being almost dead from heartworms. I simply can't imagine what humans are thinking when they treat their dogs that way.
That other new person was in today too. He is pretty big, but seems okay and my friend told him I was adoptable. I don't want to be adopted. I want to do the adopting. Will those humans ever get it right?
Well, I am going to stop this report for now and go take a little siesta during the rain. Oh yeah, I did hear the rotti we had here, his name was Benson, is thriving at his new rescue and is now available to find his own family. My friend also got Elmo to sit. I thought he was never going to do that for her. I guess he just doesn't know what great treats she has. He will learn. She is pretty stubborn.
Okay, I am starting to yawn so will call it a day. At least until tonight when I get another time outside, so you take care. If you do have a family you think I would like to adopt, please send them my way. I am taking candidates now. Until the next time.
Love,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts