My birthday wish

For all the readers of the blog, and I am sure there are more than I can even know about, I have a facebook page and on that page, I have a cause. Well, actually I have several causes but the one near and dear to my heart is Satchel's Last Resort.
Satchel's Last Resort takes in dogs and cats. Now, there is nothing unusual about that except....these animal have a chance to be rehabilitated and then put in a new home. If it is determined they cannot be adopted out to a home, they will live the rest of their lives at the Sanctuary. They are very full right now and simply can't squeeze in anyone else.
Now, we all know how expensive it is to house and feed and care for animals, so some things get put on the back burner in shelters until the money can be raised to do the "honey do" list. Right now, we are trying to raise money to fence and light the acreage in the back, so the dogs will have more room to roam freely and just be dogs. I want to raise the money to do that and it is not cheap. So if I have ever inspired you, or made you think, or helped you find a pet of your own, or you simply enjoy reading my thoughts on animal rescue, please visit my page on facebook and give a donation to the best thing going in this area for animals. It doesn't matter how much you give, but in the last 30 years of living in this area, I know the people in Sarasota County love their pets. I also know they hate the thought of any animal being euthanized simply because they have issues.
My birthday wish is to raise lots of money for Satchel's. Thanks for doing what you can to help.
Jean

Comments

Popular Posts