Mutt Mutterings: coming into my own

From where I sit, I have a pretty good life. At least, it is much, much better here than where I came from. I am disease free, parasite free, plenty of groceries and a nice bed to sleep on every night. I am a favorite of the volunteers. I can tell because I get lots of walks and affection. So how come I am complaining?
Well, not really complaining but just questioning. I would really like my own humans. My own bed, my own yard, maybe a playmate or two and my own toys I wouldn't have to share. That is not too much for a dog like me to ask for, is it? My life now is so much better than it was a few short months ago I really shouldn't be asking for more, but day in and day out I see all these other dogs get seen and then adopted and I still sit here, waiting. I think that is the hardest.
So if you know anyone who just wants a good dog, nothing flashy or showy, to be their companion and faithful friend for the rest of my life, please send them to see me. I really will appreciate it.
We have had lots of dogs get adopted in the last week and now I am faced with listening to those puppies bark. I am hoping they leave quickly, which normally happens with puppies. I still don't have a playmate, but I know they are waiting on just the perfect dog for me to play with. I am not so picky, but some of these females around here are.
The 2nd Row Club, which Slimmer, one of the past Mutt Mutterers named, is not so full of dogs right now and the big boy, Wagner went home today with a nice young man and his family. I am happy for him but that leaves Ziggy, a boxer/pointer mix without a playmate. He and Wagner were perfect together. Then there is Rose, who is a senior like me. She is also a Florida Brown Dog. Sally is a little brindle something, not quite sure what, who only has a half tail and then Heidi, who is a gorgeous female, but she doesn't like me.
My row has a multitude of different dogs, even Savannah who is our oldest resident is picky about her playmates.
Coach, who is really a girl has been playing with Sophie sometimes, but now Sophie has a new playmate. He is not up for adoption yet, so I don't know his name. He is yellow.
The weather is getting warmer and I suspect before too long it will be quite warm in the kennels. I would so love a backyard where I could lay under a tree to stay cool. Even better would be a home with an air conditioner, but I know that is just my own personal dream.
I will sign off for now and go back to dreaming. Don't forget, I am an easy dog. Just in case anyone you know is looking. They can call 955-4131 and ask about me. The name is Buzz.

Take Care,
Buzz

Comments

Popular Posts