Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Hello friends and fans. Hope everyone had a great week. I, on the other hand, had a fabulous one, just in case you were wondering. The great weather, which means cools in my book, didn't last as long as I had hoped, but this morning it was cool once again, so here is hoping it lasts for a while.
It was another exciting week where I live. It was hustle and bustle all week with people coming and going. I wish I could say the same about the dogs who live here. We did have one go home, but he was such a nice neighbor, I hated for him to leave. There is another dog in Samson's kennel now. His name is Buckshot and he is a hound. When I say hound, I mean loud. Of course, kennels can get pretty loud on occasion, but with Jake on one side of me barking all the time, it was a nice change when Samson moved in. I am glad he got a home, but I will miss his quiet, gentlemanly behavior.
I also got to meet a nice lady who came to take our pictures. It takes me a while to warm up, you know, I am a Sharpei, but she was alright. She said my coat, better than anyone else's caught the sunlight just right and brought out the gorgeous colors in my fur. Get that? Better than anyone else's? She is okay now in my book. She can come and visit any time she wants.
Last night we had a surprise. Cocoanuts. Real ones to chew on. Of course, I am so not interested in chewing on a cocoanut, but the rest of the kennel went nuts for them. Even Buddy, who is older than I am and just kinda hangs around. Not to mention Mitch and Jordie. They thought they hit the jackpot. Even Libby was having fun and chasing it around. Sherman was like me except he was scared of the cocoanut. He is such a strong dog, they thought he would love one, but he didn't. Ceco on the other hand, loved hers. She is the girl I told you about who had to have surgery on her leg. She is doing much better now.
I heard lots of noise yesterday, but I think that was the windows going in the next building. I heard they needed more light. We have big doors to let the air flow through, so we get plenty of fresh air and sunlight.
I was going to ask you if you read my column last week? You see, I mentioned in there I really liked soft treats. No one brought me any and I was sure I would get a ton of them. What's up with that? Do you not realize what a special boy I am? Treats, people, not cocoanuts. That is what this guy likes. I didn't get any soft, squeeky toys either. I guess I am going to have to up my readership to some folks who take an old man's feelings into consideration.
Well, it is time for the afternoon siesta, so you take it easy and have a good week. I will be back next week with more of the happenings at home, Satchel's Last Resort. Until then I will remain,
The eyes and ears of Satchel's,
Baxter

Comments

Popular Posts