How empty would your life be?

I am a dog person but I have lots of friends who are cat people. I also have friends who are dog and cat people, with birds or fish, gerbils or hamsters mixed in.
I know people who have no pets at all. Not even a fish tank to watch. A friend brought this to my attention as I was speaking to her on the phone as she arrived home to her 4 dogs. You could hear a thump, thump thump in the phone as she said, "I just love the sound of Kia's tail hitting the dryer as she greets me coming in the door."
How could you not miss that unbridled enthusiasm upon entering your house? Have you ever had another human be so happy to see you? Even the rodents will come to the edge of their cages to greet you when you walk in their room. The cats will wrap themselves around your legs and purr.
In your pet's eyes, you are life itself. No matter how big or how small the pet, try getting another human to consistently love you that way. I know my life would be empty if I had no pets. How about yours?

Comments

Popular Posts