Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Hello again. Another week has come and gone. Can you believe it? I hope everyone had a nice week. Mine has been pretty hectic. Well, actually mine hasn't been hectic but things have been hopping around here. Before I forget, (that's an age thing you know), I wanted to say even though I have a crippled leg it doesn't stop me from playing, running and all that other stuff dogs do. I also am very healthy. I don't have the normal skin or ear problems a lot of Sharpeis have. I have a buddy here at Satchel's. His name is Wooly Bully or Wooly B. for short. He is a little, black cocker spaniel. We don't live in the same kennel. They say I am kind of a crotchty old man and like my own space, but we go out in the yard together. He is kind of funny looking compared to me. I have wrinkled skin. He has wrinkled fur. Go figure.
So, we have some new arrivals. We have Elsa, Samson and Mitch. Elsa is a pretty boxer/catahoula mix, Samson is a black lab and Mitch is a boxer/pit mix. Elsa was rescued from the woods, Samson from another shelter and Mitch came back because he was hungry. They all seem pretty nice. Samson lives right next door to me and wags his tail when I walk by. He seems pretty friendly. Elsa is too young for this old man, but she likes to play. She is not even a year old. I heard she would do great with a family, even kids. Mitch is young, too. Not even a year old.
Ceco tore her ACL so she has to have surgery. I feel really bad. I know what a leg injury will do and how much pain they can cause. At least they figured it out and can fix it. She just looks very sad.
I had my kennel moved to the front so I didn't have too far to walk to go outside. I think I kind of like that. It is a little quieter up front, especially since Samson moved in. Well, except for Jake, who barks alot. I like it when he is sleeping.
We also are getting lots of visitors which makes for an exciting day. Do you know how boring it can get watching the same dogs do the same thing day in and day out. Someone told me once variety is the spice of life. I think I agree with that.
Well, I am going to close for now. Take care and I will talk to you again real soon. Don't forget my kennel either. It is the second one, first row. Until then, this old gentleman will be taking it easy.

Baxter.

P.S. Speaking of seniors, we have this guest who would really like to go home with someone. She doesn't like other dogs for the most part, and has crooked back legs. Her name is Libby and she is a yellow lab mix, about 9 years old. I heard she had a real home and then lost it when her family lost theirs. So if you don't like the looks of my handsome profile, check out Libby. She is pretty. You can read about her at http://www.satchelslastresort.com/. Thanks for reading. I will be back next week.

Comments

Popular Posts